Who should I see

I have a medical emergency

  • Always call 999 in a medical emergency - if someone is seriously ill or injured or their life is at risk.
  • You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency. NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help, whatever the time. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobiles.

Self Help Information

  • There are several conditions which you can safely treat at home with medicines you can buy over the counter at a pharmacy or in the supermarket. Please check this leaflet for more advice and information: Self Care leaflet

I need to see a doctor or nurse today

  • If your problem is urgent for today call the surgery from 8am to speak to our experienced receptionists who will make arrangements for you to be assessed by the most appropriate clinician for your needs. This may be a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or physiotherapist. You will be offered an appointment, telephone or video consultation or a home visit. Please give as much detail as you can to the receptionist so the best solution can be offered to you.

I need to make a routine appointment

  • If you are unwell or need medical/health advice, you may not be sure of where to go for help. At Church Lane Surgery we have clinicians with differing specialities and skills. It is not always best to simply make a doctor's appointment.
  • Diane Gallon, Minor illness nurse, can treat and prescribe for a number of minor illnesses, such as chest infections, coughs, eye soreness, earaches, skin infections and rashes.
  • Long term conditions such as diabetes, coronary heart disease and respiratory problems are managed and treated by our specialist nurses.
  • Blood tests are performed by our health care assistants. 
  • Depending on the problem, you may need to visit an external health provider such as a Pharmacy, Family Planning Clinic, Sexual Health Clinic, Minor Injuries department, A&E department, Dentist, or one of the many other services operating in the Harrogate and Rural District CCG.
  • A range of appointment types are avalible and we will always try and accommodate the best solution for you. Telephone and video consultations are an alternative to face to face appointments where this is appropriate.
  • E-consults are available via the blue pop up on the website. Please fill out the online questionnaire and you will receive advice by the end of the next working day.

I need to speak to a Pharmacist

  • Wayne our pharmacist is available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. If you need to speak to Wayne regarding medication, please ring the surgery on 01423 322309. 
Local Services. Let
Premier Hearing Harrogate Watkins Wright Hair & Beauty